Thursday, September 01, 2005

This gettin up early sucks!

Heh, but yeah, today was a pretty good day. I think the only reason why I was so down these last few days was because the weather was so shitty. I hate bad weather. (More on that specific topic later).

Yesterday was boring. Today was fun though. Political Science was hard as usual, but I kept up. I had 6.5 pages of notes this morning from the lecture, and methinks that's way too much. =\ Then I had time to blow until 1, so this kid and I went to breakfast, and then chilled in the library. I did my French homework and then I schooled him in chess. We ran back up to his dorm and chilled there for a bit and then I went to Astronomy. It is so boring. -_- I had to correct the teacher today because she really didn't know what she was talking about. She wrote what she thought the speed of light was, and I knew it wasn't like 8x10^9 m/s so I'm like, yeah, it's 3x10^8. She's all "... oh." Yeah, incompetance.

Anyway, then I came home and slept a bit, shot a little pool, and drove back to Pitt. It is so crowded and there's like no where to park at 5:30PM. Luckily some dude was pulling out right in front of Soldiers and Sailors so I parked (woo parallel) there and this bus comes zooming by me with, no lie, like a 1cm clearance from my mirror. I was so fucking scared. So then I went to French and like, the size dropped to about 1/2 what it was on Tuesday... sadly, most of the hot chicks left, heh. After class I met Haley and Andy and we went to Joe Mama's for dinner. It wasn't too good... I got the chicken alfredo or w/e and it was reeeeeeally bad, so Haley gave me some of his ravioli. Yay. Then we drove to CMU and played ping pong for like 15 minutes, and then Haley and his roommate took me down to the racketball courts and we played there for about an hour. That was fun and quite a workout. Then we played more ping pong, got in a game of DDR, and then I went home. It was an eventful day and I'm hoping I can find some kind of nice rec. center at Pitt like the one at CMU.

Anyway, about the weather. Yeah, I'm sure you've all heard about the hurricane's devastation of the Gulf Coast. I don't care who you are, do something to help them out. Send money, food, clothing, blood, water-- whatever you can spare. Hundreds, possibly even thousands are left homeless and stranded down there. New Orleans is a wasteland. Think how you would be if your home were completely destroyed and you had nothing but the clothes on your back. With that said, I'm going to try to get to the blood bank sometime tomorrow, though I doubt they'll let me donate as I just got off of anti-biotics. I'm gonna give a little to the salvation army though, I think. Keep them all in your prayers.

And please conserve on gas. It hit $3.00 here where I live and there's no reason people should be out in hummers with their AC on. Only drive if you need to. This is the perfect time of the year for biking if you're going within a mile or two, and public transportation isn't bad either. You can get to pretty much anywhere within a 50 mile radius of the city with about $2.00. That's nothing.

And, until next time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home