Thursday, August 18, 2005

Meh

Well with college fast approaching, I'm kinda starting to look forward to it. What sucks is not having friends readily available first thing, ya know? Like we were trying to get some kind of last hurrah together, but it kinda fell apart due to everyone working and the fact that 2 of my friends need to be up at school this fucking sunday. But oh well. We'll hopefully have more time to hang out and it will be valued more and what not.

Anyway I started taking the bus to work this week since I can take it free with my Pitt ID. It's not a pain by any stretch and it saves a bunch of money on gas which I'm thankful for. My only quam is the fact that I have to get up 1/2 hour earlier and I end up getting to work 1/2 hour earlier too, due to there being no bus that leaves downtown later than 9:20. But hey, I actually get home faster since the bus just hops on the HOV lane, as opposed to me sitting in traffic on the parkway during rush hour, which is not fun. Other than that, I have no beef at all. I mean, the bus that takes me downtown stops at the exact stop that the bus that takes me to the CSC picks me up. No walking or anything, and it surprises me how efficient the Port Authority is. For all those knocking it, try riding a few busses.

Other than that, nothing really interesting going on. I'm in the middle of an 8 day straight work week. I work every day til next Wednesday, all day each day. But meh, it'll get me some money, which is always a plus. On that issue, I discovered last night that with the big things I want to plan for over the school year / next summer, I will probably need to find another job. I figured I take home about $195 every pay when I work solely weekends, which is okay, but when all of it sans a few goes toward college stuff, it amounts to a not-so-flexible spending budget. So I was discussing with my parents some other stuff that I could do. Freelance computer technician came to mind. With my mom being a secretary, she meets and gets to know quite a few people, and could probably put a word out for comp help or what not. Since most of tech support on computers is pretty much running ad-aware-type programs, it shouldn't be that hard I don't think. It's stuff that I have to work out the logistics of, but it shouldn't be too bad of a thing to do I don't think.

But my parents did say they'd have no problem signing a loan to help me study abroad. I'm really thinking of doing something that would get me travelling the world, especially in a government-type position. Ambassador, translator, etc. I might really push myself through French in college to see if that would help any opportunities open for me. Other than that little inkling, I still have yet to know what I really want to do with my life. Bad thing? I think not.

So how 'bout them gas prices? Sheesh... ah well. That will be a discussion saved for another day.

À la prochaine, mes amis...

1 Comments:

At 11:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God damn dollar...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home