Sunday, July 03, 2005

Sorry, it's been a while.

Mm it has. Sorry for not updating. There are a bunch of personal things happening that I felt really no need to be ranting about.

Anyway, last week was eh. I worked Monday and Wednesday which stunk because those are the days groups come in massive droves. But meh, it's alright. I think I've finally got past the whole caring mind-set which is good. Yesterday we had 6 people running the building the last 4 hours of the day and there are 9 staffed exhibits. Put 2 and 2 together my friend. :) Today was OK. 10-5 is long when you're constantly working, but the day kinda flew by today. I don't know why, honestly. There's just so much fricking political strife going on between departments anymore and, as before, people are just out to screw over as many people as possible. Oh well, don't care.

Let's see, last Sunday Anna, who I met once prior when she was with Lani, came down to the CSC toward the end of the day and she said we should do something. I was cool with it. Nothing better to do. So we go up to Eat n' Park and then we saw Batman Begins again (not as good the 2nd time). By that time it was like 9:00 so I drove her home... but she lives in Mt. Lebanon so it was kinda far. My parents were rather flipping when I got home as I didn't call and tell them I'd be late and such. It sucks, but oh well.

Then Tuesday (Wed.? Yeah I think it was) I was a bitch to Mike and Em. I apologize. The whole thing was over them wanting to go see a movie and me wanting to do something, just not up for spending money on a movie. Idk, I'm not sorry for wanting to save my money for another day, but I am sorry for being an asshole about it. Heh, if you guys read this.

Wednesday (I don't know dates) went over to Dan's. Thursday (Let's just call it "Thursday") Anna called again and we went to go see War of the Worlds. GO SEE IT. It's real good. Tom Cruise is a pansy which is uber, because Tom Cruise ruins movies as a hero. And the date was good... free, which is always good (got free tickets for a theater in Bridgeville. But she lives out there so that's good). She left today for Oregon or whatever and will be gone 'til the end of summer so that makes me sad. :( She's a cool gal.

Um, Friday I don't know. Nothing I don't think. OH, yeah I had a surprise root canal done on Monday. I say surprise because I went to the Dentist for a checkup thing Monday morning, they're like "come back after work and we'll get that [cavity] taken care of." So I go back and they're all "hmm, that's deeper than we thought." ROOT CANAL! Yeah, it wasn't pretty. I was pissed... and in pain. But the pain died by Tuesday which was great.

Anyway, in all hopes that the Mikes and Em decide they still want me part of their group, I got Wednesday off this week and they're planning on doing Kennywood. I <3 Kennywood.. especially with uber people.

Work tomorrow kiddies. All day and probably even the night as the CSC is open before, during, and after the fireworks. Happy 4th of July ya'll, even though I kind of give up on the sanctity (look it up) of America.

Edit: Ahh, I just wanted to tell you all about my fantastic server that I set up without a HITCH. So Monday on my way to the Dentist in the morning, I'm driving up a street by my house and an old Compaq PC is sitting in the trash. I figure, meh, worst that could happen is it couldn't work. So I pick it up. When I get home, I boot it up, it boots fine... but it's spyware infested like mad. So with a quick format + installation of Windows 2000, it's as good as new.

I figured I could use it for at the very least a ventrilo server (since we use ventrilo when we play Guild Wars :) ). Well I set up ventrilo, people can connect to it without a hitch. So I set up Counter-Strike Source server; again, without a hitch. I figure why stop there? So right now on this server that is sitting in the spare bedroom (with NOTHING connected to it but a power cable and a network cable) is a Ventrilo server, CS:S server, HTTP server, FTP server, and a SHOUTcast server! And I can change settings at any time with a nifty program called VNC which let's me, essentailly, operate it as if it were on my desk with my mouse / keyboard and everything. Call me a dork, but can you say you have an Internet "Radio Station" broadcasting your MP3's constantly from your computer for ANYONE in the world to listen to? I think not. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home