Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Hmm, I promised myself I wouldn't do this...

But I'm doing it anyway. I came across this post on forums that I frequent... it's a really good post dealing with the status in Iraq.

A Simple Analogy
... [T]hose brutally slaughtered people include (who many seem to forget), the thousands of Iraqi soldiers that were defending their homeland from who most Iraqi people consider to be an evil invader. They were NOT in the wrong to take up arms against us, regardless of Hussein being their leader.

Hey I could not despise the evil piece of crap infesting the White House, George horrific piece of scum Bush, any more. He is the most significant danger and threat to me, my family, my community, my nation, my freedom, my liberty, my safety, my environment, and my planet. Easily one of the worst threats in the history of the nation. I will be the FIRST to throw a massive party the minute he is impeached, imprisoned, executed, or assasinated. If he ever crosses my path, I will not hesitate to bury my fist DEEP into his face for the extrodinarily evil attrocities he has committed.

HOWEVER, should some foreign nation (say China) decide that they fully agree that Bush is a horror and danger, and chooses to premptively invade our nation (for their own safety and to "SAVE" me and the rest of America from the terror of George W. Bush), killing my friends, my family, my country men, our soldiers who are defending our sovereignty and president (as disgusting as he may be), I would ALSO be one of the first to take up arms to kill as many of those invaders and push them out of our country.

So, as tragic as it is that Iraqi insurgents are killing MY fellow country men and women because of Bush's evil folly, they are not in the wrong. WE are invading their nation, against the will of the people in that nation. They HATE us. They love their family, friends, and countrymen, who may be part of the insurgency. No legitimate government there will be friendly to the United States. We have just slaughtered, without cause or provocation, TENS of thousands of their mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, sons, daughters, aunts, uncles, grandmothers, grandfathers, grandchildren, and numerous other family, friends, loved ones, and countrymen. They have every reason to despise our nation.

Sadly the ignorance of people like yourself, believed the propganda that "my WE our so loved around the world, everyone understands that WE are the most moral, ethical, wonderful, always right, beautiful nation EVER, that those Iraqi's just can't WAIT for us to invade their nation to get rid of Hussein (who we created), so that they can greet us with flowers, chocolates, kisses, and hugs." (link)


I honestly never really looked at it that way. I'm strictly opposed to the war, both in the beginning and now. I can't honestly think of one good thing that came about as a result of it, and seeing people die left and right from the insurgency was just making these feelings worse. So, yes, I fell into the web of hating this insurgency... this, "terror threat to our troops" if you will. I wished the insurgency would stop either by force or by their own will because death is never good, especially in what I deem a pointless war.

But now, looking at it in another light, this "terror regieme" merely consists of people like you and I, fighting for their sovereignty, their way of life, their pride and tradition, faith and customs. Would you deem them terrorists? If you even dare to, you then must believe the United States is then 10 times the terrorists they are, for fighting to destroy all the unity and sovereignty of this nation that posed "no immediate threat to the United States (Colin Powell)."

Well, I'll leave you to ponder, or to just be ignorant about it. It's really gone on far too long to have any other position.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home