Monday, May 30, 2005

Is it Friday the 13th?

No. It's Monday the 30th. Happy God-damned Memorial Day.

So I'm driving to work at 9:30 this morning and not 100 feet from the building, I hit this MASSIVE pot hole. This thing was huge. Like, think 2 feet deep, 3 feet in diameter huge. I'm cruising at a steady 35 MPH and when I hit this thing, my entire right side of my car sinks in and then flies upward when I get out of the hole. By this time I was ready to piss myself. Everything's still semi-working, so I figure I'll just pull into the parking lot (which is like 30 seconds away mind you) and check it out.

I get into the parking lot and Alex and Mark were there in their respective cars and they're all "holy shit, I saw that... you alright?" on me. I go I'm fine as I'm walking out to inspect the right side. I get over there and LUCKILY all I can see is a flat tire. Phew. So I call AAA and they're all "We're sorry. We're closed due to a holiday." Bah. So I call my dad and he's all grumpy because he feels obligated to come down and help me out (which I'm glad he did).

He gets there and we take the tire off and he goes "yeah we're gonna need a new tire." By this time, I look at my watch and it's 10:03... and I'm 3 minutes late. So I go in and start working. I peek my head out around 11:00 and he's still there messin with the tire. I didn't really have much time to chat, so I just asked if everything was alright. He said he had to go out and buy a new wheel well... which is like $90. :( Now I feel like shit. Not only did I wake my dad up, but I had him fork $90 over because I hit a god damned pot hole.

Anyway, I go out for my break and it's done and he's gone so he must'nt have stayed long after 11:00. Still, I feel horrible. But what can be done I guess. My dad said he went after he fixed it over to the main CSC to tell him about the pot hole (which is kinda on their little driveway thing entering SW so be careful if you're going there :P) and he said they might be able to pay my dad from the insurance they have. If not, I gotta pay it, because if not, I'll feel so damned guilty. Oh well.

I'm tired. It was a long day and I stupidly signed up to work Monday-Sunday the week of the 19th. Rox0rs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home