Tuesday, May 31, 2005

One step closer to graduation, I suppose

Today we went back to school after our Memorial Day "break," which for me ended up being a Memorial Day "work your ass off." I ended up working a total of 25 hours Friday-Monday. And it wasn't easy either. Yuck.

Oh well, school today was pretty uneventful. Physics and Comp Sci I'm working my ass off to get my project done... which are both due Friday. I'm going to really need to start busting my ass for these things. In English and Calc we reviewed for our Finals which will be tomorrow and Thursday-Friday, respectively. Calc I'm kinda scared about. I'm not studying at all because I don't have the review packet that he was supposed to give us. But meh, I think I may have a GPA so far around 95% anyway, so really, I can do poorly on it and still make an A. Though it is for Pitt Credits... :
Anywho, nothing really eventful today. We ordered our condo down at the beach tonight. I really don't wanna go. Sure it's relaxing, and I might not think the same way in a few months after I'm working consistently 40 hours a week, but I just find myself getting so incredibly bored down there. I just kind of mope around when we're not actually *on* the beach. Oh well. I still would love to go to Canada this summer, especially to Quebec. Kinda getting shot down by friends, though.

Yeah and a bunch of people RSVP'd for my grad party that I haven't seen in ages. People like that used to live on my street before I moved up here, that I really can't remember too well, but I kinda hung out with ALL THE TIME. And it'll be great to see a bunch of them again, I think. The idea of a graduation party still doesn't appeal to me all that much. And as much as I can't wait to get out into the real world, there's still a part of me that's pretty insecure about a lot of it. Not so much in handling myself, just I don't quite adjust to change all that well. Especially huge changes that happen all at once. And it's like, this'll probably be the biggest transition of my life thus far, and I'm pretty sure I'm ready for it, just the idea of going from living under the roof of my parents and them always being there within just a shout, to life... where my money doesn't just go toward weekend movies and dinners, but to survival. And where the decisions I make with my life in the next 4 years will affect me until the day I die. Just so monumental...

Eh, with that said, gonna call it a night. I've been playing with my stupid Comp Sci final all night and I'm starting to see in Java. You know it's not good when...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home