Sunday, July 31, 2005

Backz0r

Yeah I got in yesterday around 4:30PM. Not bad for leaving Raleigh at 9:00AM. Heh, my dad was flying. Anyway, vacation was alright. It was relaxing, but that's about it for the good things. My family and I were all together inside a condo for a week, and really it wasn't good. They insisted on the typical protectiveness that they always do when I'm with them. I swear, when are they going to let me go do things by myself WITHOUT bitching me out about them first? "Mom, nothing personal, but I WANT TO GET AWAY FROM YOU!" Jeeeeez...

Anyway, yeah my parents were pretty much at my throat the whole time, but you can't say it wasn't expected. I mean, I went to the beach with my parents the summer after I graduated from high school. WTF? Blah whatever.

So we get back to Raleigh where friends of the family live on Friday night and I check my work email, and there's a message from my boss saying that I should be at work (Monday) and that I was scheduled for Mon, Tues, and Fri of that week. It was the big schpeel about how I was scheduled and didn't call off and I'll get disciplinary action for it and what not. I'm like wtf? I requested off for those 10 days way back in June and I find out today that they misread the paper. Gonna smack them, I swear.

Well I spent tonight mapping out bus schedules to and from Oakland as that may be my only mode of transportation down there some days. Joy. Tomorrow I resume the slave labor: Mon 12-5, Tues 11-10, Wed 5-8, Fri 10-5, Sat 10-10, Sun 10-5. Wish me some fricking luck.

Oh and I got an email from my Aunt who lives in Cincinatti today. She apparently wants to take me to NYC the weekend of the 12th. That's gonna make my bosses real happy... I'm already taking off the 9th and the 10th for my trip to Sandusky (which will rock hard ass) in addition to having made my boss pissy with the NC trip. Ah well, they'll have to suck it up. I'm just hoping to God I can get coverage for those days on such short notice. 10-7 is a hard shift to give away, heh...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home