Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Typical Updates and Upcoming Abscence

There's nothing to really update I suppose. I've worked every day since last Friday all day, every day. It really wasn't pretty, but I managed to get through it.

As I said nothing really to update. Yesterday Bush announced his nominee for the United States Supreme Court: The Honorable John Roberts. He's a conservative, albeit more moderate than his other picks. He shouldn't be too bad of a guy, I don't think, for what Bush could have picked. The only problem I see with it is his strictly pro-life viewpoint. I don't see him going and making the US a theocracy, which I guess is a step in the plus direction (or I should say NOT a step in the negative direction). We'll have to see how it plays out, as both Democrats and Republicans are rather in agreement with this guy as of now.

Let's see, more personal. I'm leaving for the beach early Friday morning and not getting back until Sun. July 31st. It should be a good time, as I need the relaxation, even if it is with my family. Then, it's 99% finalized, two friends and I are heading up to Sandusky, OH on Aug 9th. What's in Sandusky, you ask? Why, Cedar Point is! Heh, yeah but that should be awesome. What could be better than spending quality time with your best friends before you leave for college? Nothing I don't think. I'm hoping that goes off without a hitch, as I'm going to be needing all the stress relief I can get with college JUST on the horizon.

Speaking of which, Aug 24th begins the orientation process. First day of classes is the 29th. :\ It's hard to believe that in a LITTLE OVER A MONTH, I will be in college. Ah well, I'm hoping to God I can survive (both mentally and socially, heh). Meh, I'm excited and worried.

Oh well. Oh and I got a 4 on the AP Euro test! :D I'm happy as it was pretty tough. That's an easy 4 credits right there.

Anyway, I will probably not be posting until I get back in 2 weeks. So until then, mes amis!

Edit: So it looks like gay marriage may, afterall, become a possibility during Bush's term.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home