Monday, August 22, 2005

Stuff

Heh, the weekend was pretty much uneventful. Since Thursday, nothing really has happened. Friday-Sunday I worked 10-5, and after it was done yesterday, I couldn't be happier. That was my last big stretch of work until possibly next year. Now I just work tomorrow 11-7 and I will be done with weekdays. That's something I'm quite happy about.

Anyway, today I go to my old homepage (www.willsubersite.com) to find it hacked by some kind of Muslim extremist. My friend managed to catch a screen shot (Will find a host somewhere). It was kind of, erm, surprising, considering it was placed on a left-leaning blog, heh. Oh well. Something similar to that was placed over Infoceptor a little while ago. Oh well, must be doing to a lot of insecure sites. Then I got an email from 1and1 saying that my site will be taken down shortly due to warez files getting hosted... right. But I knew it'd happen eventually. After all, it was free.

On Friday, I think it was, this dude from work and I were talking about living on campus (he's going to pitt too) and it was brought up how he had a single room and how he was looking for a roommate. I figured I'd look into it, because, after all, I really would much rather live on campus. So my dad called Student Living early this morning and they said that I'd need to fill out a bunch of paper work and have him sign a bunch of paper work agreeing to move to a double room, and then I'd be able to live there. Cha-ching! That's always a good thing, I suppose. I'm just hoping I can get in touch with the guy tonight, because I DO NOT want to be up there when people start moving in. 15,000 people crammed in Oakland = NOTHX. Yeah, it always helps if the person you're talking to about this whole thing IS WILLING TO GO THROUGH IT. Ass...

Also Thursday night we had a LAN at Haley's. It was kind of spur of the moment, but despite that, we had 14 people or so! Most ever I think. It was fun-- Hot, but fun. Spent the night gaming and talking to people that I won't see for a long time (i.e. the Haley Family). I started packing up around 12:30, and Halapy and I talked outside of Haley's driveway for a good hour and a half. Just bullshitting about the future and the future of everyone we know and such. It was fun. We said our goodbyes to everyone as they drove off, wished them all luck, ya know. I'm gonna miss them all, though a large get-together like that was definitely better than not having anything when people you knew very well are all going their separate ways. But it's expected, and we'll all move on to bigger and better things. I'm just hoping that it's not the end, ya know? We still have weekends and holidays, and I'm sure we'll be keeping in touch online.

And last night was my last big hurrah with Dan. We've been damned good friends since 8th grade when he moved to Montour and since he's going to PSU Behrend, he'll be rather far away. So we partied and both got a little too intoxicated. Heh, fun times that I can't really remember. Today kind of hurts, but it was rather worth it, in my opinion.

Well we're in the home stretch of a huge transition period. Good luck everyone!

1 Comments:

At 10:29 PM, Blogger Mike said...

=)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home