Friday, August 26, 2005

Last Weekend

Yup. This is the last weekend before classes start. :
Anyhow, when was the last time I updated. Wednesday, OK. Wed. night went over to Emily's and we watched an episode of Family Guy and the Daily Show before we were kicked out. Bleh, what a way to end it, huh? Well not end, but ya know.

Yesterday I did nothing. Today I went to Pitt for some required orientation things. I met with my advisor at 9 this morning and then went to a Political Theory class from 10-11. Talk about hard shit. It was to try to prep you for taking notes in college and such. It was really interesting, though I think after just an hour in it, my brain was about fried. Ah well. After that, Darby and I walked to Starbucks where we sat and BSed a little. I haven't seen her since 5th grade, and all that... heh. Fun times. Then we rode up to the 36th floor of the Cathedral of Learning for the hell of it, but we couldn't get any higher. Wrong elevator or something and neither of us had the initiative to hop on another. Then we walked to the library, which is REALLY nice. I'm going to be spending a lot of time there, methinks.

Then about 2, Haley called and asked if I could meet them (him and Andy) for lunch. I definitely obliged. So I bid farewell to Darby and met them at Subway. We sat and BSed while Andy told us horridly sick stories of Holly sleeping over his dorm one night that week. EEEEEEW. Yeah, just about kicked his ass then and there. Then we walked back to Haley's dorm at CMU, which is actually a lot further than I thought from Pitt, but it's because I didn't realize how far Pitt actually extended in that direction. Pitt is HUGE. :( So that was about a 10 minute walk. I met his roommate. Nice kid. But he's a lucky bitch because he gets a big ass dorm and a BATHROOM! Blah. Then we went down into his lounge thing and I schooled them both at pool. :)

Then, since Andy was coming home for the weekend, he asked if I wanted a ride. Since I really had no desire to ride the bus I agreed and got dropped off back where I parked my car and got home around 5:30 or so. All in all it was a pretty good day, I suppose. I just wish I could have went back to a dorm tonight rather than coming back here. The second I stepped foot in my house, my mom just began berating me and telling me how to run my life. This time it was about band, and when I CALMLY said, Mom, if I want to do something, I'll do it. Yeah, shit hit the fan then as she began accusing me of telling her off and what not. Screw this man. I don't care what's offered to me in 2 weeks, I'm taking it.

Now I get to sit here all weekend with nothing to do but work my ass off. Fuckin 14 hours tomorrow and then 7 on Sunday. It really isn't worth it anymore.

2 Comments:

At 12:30 AM, Blogger Mike Hanley said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:31 AM, Blogger Mike Hanley said...

Haley has a bathroom!? Please, kill him for me! ;)

Yeah, I hear you about the parents. My mom and dad left today, and I miss them and all, but I was getting really sick of them trying to micromanage everything.

(sorry about the "comment deleted" thing. I made a few typos and couldn't find an edit button)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home