Sunday, August 28, 2005

In 16 hours and 25 minutes...

I will have my first college class and will totally embark on the journey that is adulthood. Heh, kinda freaky when you look over it like that. Anyway updates? There aren't really any.

Saturday I worked 8am-7pm. From 8am-10am was mandatory Safety training, where we essentially learn how to put out fires, work A.E.D.'s, break up fights, etc. if, God forbid, we ever would need to do something like that. It was a really small class, which was a surpise, because the last one I went to had over 40 people in it. This one, I can count, had 8. It was kind of nice having a small class, though it was reeeeeally awkward because Sat. was the day the director of the Science Center, Ms. Jo Haas herself, had her safety training. She is actually a really awesome person, and I definitely scored some nice brownie points by talking to her like the entire time. Heheh... what was the dude running it going to say? "HEY YOU GUYS! SHUT UP!" I mean, it was with the big boss herself! And I mean, everyone who works for the science center, no matter if you're a presenter, janitor, cook, whatever; you are under her. Heh, fun stuff.

Then Sat. night I rode with this dude I work with up to Pitt and we hung out for a few hours. There wasn't really anything going on, so I went home around 10:00 and then to sleep around 10:30.

Today I worked 10-5, which wasn't too bad actually. Was kind of funny because a really famous person was there as a visitor today. I put the dude on the roller coaster and said to myself, "hey he looks really familiar." Though I couldn't match the name to the face, ya know? So when I was on my break with 4 other people, I brought it up and EVERY ONE of them said they did the exact same thing! Luckily the name clicked into my head: Turns out it was Tommy Lee Jones; ya know, the dude who played opposite Will Smith in Men In Black? Oh yeah. He was the CSC today. So as we were closing, he walks back in (him, 2 kids, and this other guy... Tommy Lee Jones is gay, you heard it here first :P ) and literally every one of the staff just like begins staring at him. Finally when he was near the rock wall, this one chick I work with goes up and is like "Are you Tommy Lee Jones?" He kinda pauses and doesn't really say anything. Then I do my thing where I'm at, and I look back and he and this girl are just chatting it up. I ask her after work and she goes "Yep. Was him!"

So there you have it folks! The CSC isn't that bad of a place to be... *cough*

Comp Sci tomorrow at 10! Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home