Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Periodic Update

Well things have been interesting these past few days, I have to say. Let's begin with Friday: I worked 12-5 after class. There were some people at SW, but not enough to call it busy. Around 3:30 or so, the F18 fell off its posts and came plumetting to the ground while it was in the air with people inside it. Yeah... so me and some other people literally had to roll it upright again to be able to even open the canopy. Thankfully the people were okay, but as I was in trying to get them out, the canopy jerked causing it to fall forward onto my arm. We got them all out and such and everyone kinda breathed a sigh of relief. I filled out an incident report and put an ice pack on my arm and everything was alright.

Then I was supposed to relieve my supervisor at the next exhibit and I was a little late due to me having to fill out reports of what happened. He began flipping out when I relieved him late and I wasn't in the mood for his shit so I told him to shut up. Big mistake, heh.

Saturday morning I get called in (surprise, surprise) and have to sit down and explain how since I was in a tremendous amount of pain at the time the incident occurred, I wasn't thinking clearly. For the most part, everyone understood, though they still recommended I reduce my hours to something "less stressful." Essentially they cut my hours, but at this point I don't really care.

I was so peeved that I kinda went home and ranted to my parents about all this, and then, unbeknownst to me, they sat me down and proceeded to explain how I need anger management therapy. Yeah, um, ok. Apparently they called and set up an appointment 2 weeks before this incident occurred without letting me know. I love my parents.

Then Sunday after work (Drew's last day *tear*) I went out with some friends who were back for the weekend. We went to Wendy's, then to Trader Horn to get zippos (but it was closed), and then back to one of my friend's houses where we sat and BSed with his neighbors for about a 1/2 hour. I had a really disgustingly tasting cherry dipped in rum (cherry bomb?) and then we went back to my house to shoot some pool and talk about fiscal conservativism! Yeehaw.

Then they left and I went straight to bed as I was tired. Woke up the next morning with a THROBBING headache. It was so bad that I slept for easily 80% of the day and I debated asking my parents to take me to the hospital. Finally I took 3 ibuprofin and drank 3 cups of coffee which eased it up enough that I could some of my french and astronomy homework. Then around 11:00 my dad came up and asked if I had too much to drink last night. I kinda looked at him confused. He goes "yeah, someone threw up in the toilet downstairs last night. And you had one hell of a headache today. Drink too much huh?" I was kind of speechless because he couldn't have been more wrong, but I just sat and wondered what the fuck happened last night. So I finally looked at him and explained what I did Sunday night and was like "man, if one cherry dipped in rum made me puke and not realize I did, I feel real sorry for myself." He chuckled and then walked away.

Sigh, and now my parents think I'm a deranged alcoholic with a violent temper. My appointment is this Friday, but I can refuse to go if I wish (they legally can't force me to go). I might go, though, just for the mere fact that I'm not sure what the hell is going on in my head these last few days. It seems like I'm completely sane when it comes to knowledge-based ideas, but bring in common sense and everyday situations, and I just really feel weird partaking in them for some reason-- like it's somehow not me controlling my life. Honestly if I was diagnosed with some kind of mental illness, I wouldn't be a bit surprised. Maybe they can even pin down exactly what is making me feel like this and techniques to help.

My only guess is stress. I'm just really praying that I get a place on campus so I can get away from, dare I say, one of my main stressors in my parents. Also, I got an email in regards to a part-time csc tech position opening, though they require a resume. I going to try my absolute hardest to get in on that as I hate my department with a fiery passion (yay for anger management).

Until next time kiddos!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home