Wednesday, October 05, 2005

{No Subject}

Yeah, no subject. Ah well.

Anyway, things have been going pretty well I guess. I was up 'til 4:30AM last night because my roommate decided to have 3 friends come over after they were done with their nightly pot/illegal substance smoking ritual and they watched Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure with the volume at 50. I was borderline pleading with them to go elsewhere, but they were too blitzed to realize, so I got up, threw on a pair of pants and my hoodie, and headed up to the lounge, slamming the door as hard as I could on the way out. Why slam the door, you ask? Simple: RA hears it, tells them to STFU. And, as I predicted, my roommate was in bed when I got back 20 minutes later. :) I'm too smart for my own good.

Anyway, I'm tired as hell and running on pure caffeine today. Naps just aren't helping, heh. We started something new in Web Design class (*GASP*) and I am so psyched about it. I love learning new things, especially in stuff that I'm uberly interested in already. I spent all of Monday pretty much working on my webpage homework and making it so much better than it had to be. I think I'm really starting to get back into web design... and apparently there are some internships offered next semester for it. I might go into one of them and see if I can make some cash off of one of my biggest interests.

Had two mid-terms yesterday: Astronomy and French. Astronomy, despite it being hyped up as being really hard, was alright. Wouldn't say it was easy, but it was a lot less difficult than I expected. The math is just so simple in that class (especially after taking 2 years of physics), and the only challenging part is knowing the concepts-- which honestly, how hard can that be, right? :)

French was okay, too. It was an oral exam... meaning we had 30 minutes to come up with a 3 minute dialogue which we had to record. It was somewhat difficult coming up with what I wanted to say, but when it was all said and done, it was pretty easy. Thing is, I'm baffled with that class. If you walked into my class and heard my prof talk for 15 minutes, you'd say fuck it, I'm dropping. He sounds so intimidating (mostly because he uses huge french words and knows absolutely no english whatsoever), yet when we get our tests / papers back, your grades are always SO high! For example, I got a 198/200 on my first big portfolio I had to make. It was like 2 pages, and I can tell you I didn't work too hard on it. But it came back with comments all over the place praising me for doing a "bon travaille!" I mean, I'm not complaining by any stretch of the imagination, but I'm just so baffled at how the lectures can be SO hard to understand, yet the work we do is so incredibly easy.

Heh, yeah, there are so many fucking interests I have anymore, it's nuts. I'm still really interested in Political Science (can't get enough of American Politics) and French, but just recently web design has taken a large precidence of my interests. I discussed this all with my advisor who kinda looked at me funny and said I had better decide soon. ;) I don't know... I gotta wait to come up with somethings that aren't so incredibly mutually exclusive, and that don't come and go, ya know?

Ah well. Hangin with Andy and Haley tonight, which should be fun. Home tomorrow for a dentist appt. and work. So, until next time kiddos!

3 Comments:

At 4:20 PM, Blogger Mike Hanley said...

"RA hears it, tells them to STFU. And, as I predicted, my roommate was in bed when I got back 20 minutes later."

Sheer brilliance.

I'm somewhat surprised your advisor told you to "decide soon" - what happened to all the hype about exploring your interests freshman year and declaring your major at the end of your first year? Besides, don't most colleges give out scholarships/rewards of some kind for people who choose majors and minors in wildy different fields?

bozsrgm

 
At 1:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow. you are a big loser who obviously has way too much time on his hands. get a life, and smoke some pot yourself you snitch

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger Will said...

Obviously. Oh and yes, I'd like some fries with that, please. And yeah, don't worry I don't know who you are or anything. IP logs are wonderful tools, aren't they?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home